Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am very new to flash/actionscript. I am currently trying to work on a photo gallery that can have can have image urls passed to it as variables. That part I figured out by adding extra params in the html.

What I would like to do is this. When someon clicks on the 'next image' button, the swf looks at an array on loads the next image.
    Does anyone know of a way to display a looping-Movie clip while the image is loading?

Here is the specific opensource gallery that I am using. So whatever I do needs to be able to integrate with this.
    http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/photogallery.htm

Member #
    hey

I kind of cheated on this one :bandit:

If you put an animation on the stage under the layer for the pictures, you will only see the animation when the pictures fade.

I didn't have time to work it out, but really you would want to start and stop it so it wouldn'g be constantly playing.

Member #
    THANK YOU very much! You are an absolute genius!!!

cant wait to give this a try, that sounds exactly like what I am looking for. The animation I am going to use will probobly just be a small text say "loading" anyway..

I let you know if it works

Member #
    That worked perfectly, now the only thing that I am having trouble with is my for loop. I supose I should probobly make a new post altogether about this, but here goes.

Im using Flash MX 2004 Pro.

in my HTML i have these two lines:
    <param name="Maxnum" value="3" >
    <param name="Dirname" value="imagedir/" >

In the actionscript I would like to remove the line that manually sets the array, and replace it with something 'like' this:
    Code:
    var Maxnum = 3;    // the html does this, but for the sake of arguement
    var Dirname = "imagedir/"   // I will include it hear anyway.

for (i=0;i<Maxnum;i++) {

this.pArray[i] = [Dirname + (i +1) + ".jpg"]; 

}
    thus resulting with the equivilent of :

this.pArray = ["imagedir/1.jpg" , "imagedir/2.jpg" , "imagedir/3.jpg"];

nomatter how i try this i cannot set the value of the array correctly. Any ideas ?
    ViewTopia Web Hosting
    Coming Soon!

Remove Ads