Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone, I'm currently working on a website project for the americas army clan I'm in. I have a few questions pertaining to Flash and Photoshop. Ok first of all. I have this button bar and a slider that goes to the button when I move the mouse over it. The problem is. If I move the mouse outside of the bar, the slider goes outside of the bar as well :\ I need to know how to make it stop when it gets to the end of the bar. Ok second, Whats the best way to add my flash file to my photoshop designed interface? Is there something I can save the flash file as so I can open it up with photoshop and still have it animated and actionscripted? Or is there somethign else I'm suppose to do. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Member #
    I think I understand what you are saying about the menu. I haven't actually done that before and would need to see your code to try and help.

2nd part of your question:
    No, you cannot import flash into photoshop.
    Flash will always be embedded into html in the shape of a rectangle(square, etc.)
    You will need to shape your images (ie what you have in photoshop) to hold your flash. Then put it all together with html.

Does that make sense? :/

Member #
    yes it does make sense, and I got the code from a tutorial. It works for him. But I think I'm doing something wrong with the instance name. This is the step I'm refering to 4) Convert your bar into a movie clip. Name it 'mask'. Make sure you give it that instance name in the main timeline..
    This tutorial was found at . http://robouk.mchost.com/tuts/tutori...orial=smartnav

Thanks

Member #
    i also cant help with the first problem.

what you can do for the second problem is slice your page up in photoshop. Make space for the flash file(a slice the same size and position). Then select each slice and copy and paste it into a new file so you will come out with a couple different pics. then position them all in a table with HTML. place the swf file in place of the slice you set aside for it. and viola!! hope this helps!

lata

Member #
    Hey, waynarky.. when I go into dreamweaver and try to put the flash inplace of the slice, when I preview it, it just shows up with an x in the corner. Could you be more specific on how to replace the swf witht he slice?

Member #
    You replace the slice with the swf. Say your flash animation is 360 x 240. In photoshop make a slice 360 x 240 exactly where you want the flash animation to be. We will call this 'flashslice'. Then slice the pic around it and save each slice as a separate jpg. In dreamweaver place each pic in a table so it looks exactly as you want it. Instead of placing the 'flashslice' jpg in the table, insert the flash file. To do this go Insert - Media - flash and choose the file. It should work now. I u still having problems i can have a look at it if you want. (if you trust me) Hope u r sorted!

lata

Member #
    Alright I get it. aside from that issue. Am I suppose to slice the rest of the image to? or do I just save it as it is.. I tried just saving it after slicing a few things, and it split up the image randomly I believe, because the directory i saved the html and image in had a bunch of cut up pictures in it. :\ Thanks in advance.

Member #
    cut up the whole pic and save it as separate jpegs. imagine a puzzle. Its kinda hard to explain, sure u dont want me to check it out? it'll only take 5 mins. lata

Remove Ads