Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I need some feedback from you guys on this intro....

http://www.motopuntos.com (click the "play/intro" button on the top right)

Ive got a few concerns:

1. Is the mp3 audio compression too low? I tried to minimize the file size as much as I could, but I'm afraid that the sound will come out crappy.

2. Is the download too big? I expect about 50% to be low-bandwidth users... maybe I should make 2 versions? One w/ higher quality sound and one w/o?

3. Is the animation sequence at the beginning too choppy? I'm afraid that all the alphas fades are too processor intensive.

4. I know there's a lot of "blank canvas" going on... any ideas what I can do to "fill it in" ??

5. Anything else I'm missing?

P.S. - I know that the image of the guy in the chair is poor quality... I plan on replacing him tomorrow some time.

Thanks for the feedback !!!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The majority of the project look interesting.. you are right about the image of the guy in the chair, it needs replacing. I enjoyed alot of the images though the swing was good as well the face on the phone, keep that!! However, the last transition with the face that 'shreds away' looks a bit unprofessional. I think a simple quick fade would work much better, or even better, if you kept the face on screen and put a talk bubble that make it look like the words "hello moto" came from it, then did a quick fade. That would be interesting and go with the rest of the theme, and the words wont seem to come from nowhere. Then end with the logo really big at the end.

The background scrolling text looks awkward.. you should lower the opacity (about 20%) so you still get the texture of text moving in the background but you dont get distracted by it. you should have more going on in the backround.. just subtle things(LOW opacity) like objects flying around. You would put some arrows that fly in point to something then fly out.. just some filler for lack of a better word.. Just some character items to give the sense of motion.. easing would apply so things dont feel monotone, it give things some bounce.

Also: I think the beginning sequence is really bogging down the whole thing.. If you can, you should take that part out and start when the phone comes out.

Member #
    I must admit it does take a long time to load so maybe the two versions would be a better option.
    The guy in the chair, as you have already stated is a little blocky, but the rest is really really good. I really like it and have played it over a few times.
    Nice job, looking forward to seeing the completed project that you are doing for motorolla, so far it is all very impressive.

Daniel.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Updated:

http://www.motopuntos.com/ (click the "play/intro" button at the top right to start the intro).

More comments? glyakk, I liked your idea about the "Hello Moto" caption, but didn't have the time to put it in. Maybe in the next version!

Member #
    Again that's great. I like the additions you have made to it and think and it's a catchy tune playing as well. I cant get the "moto" out of my head now!

Member #
    Nice! I like the whole thing. My only comment is that the image of the mobile phone in the later scenes seems a little too compressed. Also, your (what I think means) time remaining indicator does not work, (the top line while loading). Overall it is pretty cool!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Oh yeah, forgot about the time loader... gotta fix that !!

Thx :-P

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I like this one much better. The loading screen has some character to it now and the new opening sequence seems to work. I noticed some of the small added elements.

Catchy tune..

..Hello Moto!!

Member #
    hello transio! very good mate! How did you do the phone spin? dig your transisions.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Thx for the comments, guys.

waynarky, I made the phone animation in max from a turbosquid model.

P.S. - the intro is live now, at the motopuntos site (I changed the link above)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads