Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Im currently making a flash site, and i have approx. 5 pages. I am wondering if i should make each page a different movie, or if i should make each page a different scene? Thanks

Member #
    I would make them different scenes. But that us only because that is the only way I have done it in the past. But I imagine most do it that way so it is quicker for the user to use because it is only a scene which is much smaller then another whole movie it would also be easier to link to the next page because you will only need to worry about the scene.

There are hundreds more reasons such as uploading all the different movies or just one movie etc but I am no flash expert. I have only used scenes and think it is the better way to go about making a whole site just with flash.

Member #
    I also use scenes. I find i can keep track of my pages easier. You know scene 1 is home, scene 2 is gallery etc and you can flip between them in the same movie. You can still preload each scene, so why not?

lata

Member #
    Scenes are pointless. Learn how to use the loadMovie command now, and save yourself trouble in the long run.

Remove Ads