Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I would like to use some snippets of a mpeg that was taken from a track day that i was involved in for my flash intro.
    How do i import it into flash and use the parts i want???

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    humm just import them in flash .. there is an option for mpeg also.. and if yuare using 2004 then there is already behaviour for play, pause and stop.. here is one behaviour here

on (release) {

//Play video Behavior
    if(this.pamvid._parent._currentframe == this.pamvid._parent._totalframes){
    this.pamvid._parent.gotoAndPlay(1);
    } else {
    this.pamvid._parent.play();
    }

}

thanks

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Dot,

How do you like 2004 ? I've been holding off on getting it. Is it worth the upgrade investment from MX?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You can import video into flash from I belive as early as version 4(for rotoscoping pourposes) but you could not export it into your movie until MX came around back in 2002. So if you have flash 5 or lower you are out of luck.

Controlling video is another story. If this subject was about Director/lingo (flash/actionscript's big brother) I could tell you a thousand ways to sundown

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    glyakk, what do you use director for? I mean, MM CDs only, or do you use it for other things, too? I've only used it a couple times myself, but it seems pretty cool.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The most obvious use for director is for multimedia CDs and that is what i primarly use it for.. I have also used it to develop a few basic games, and picture cd. Developing in director is so much easier then flash, the only reason why flash is more popular is because its vector based and is much more suited for web delivery. Director has its own powerful scripting language(lingo) where as actionscript was more of an 'add-on' to flash. And movie clips were never orgionally intened to function the way they are today. Smart clips and the newer components are just ways to try to help get flash up to par with director. And the libary is a cheap version of a director cast.

Dont get me wrong, I think flash and action script is very powerful, and im trying to learn as much of it as i can. But if flash/actionscript were modeled just like director/lingo from the ground up with a proper cast instead of a libary, (custom)behaviors instead of components/smartclips, (custom)handlers instead of functions, sprites instead of whatever they are called in flash, and a timeline that was not just a holding cell for whatever element you threw in, I think it would be much easier to learn and understand. Director from the ground up has had a much smoother development history then flash. Flash has been patched and adapted since it was aquired by Macromedia by the name FutureSplash Animator, or SmartSketch.

Member #
    I know director but admittedly havent got that much into lingo. If only they could combine flash/director. each has some really cool pros that would be awesome in one program!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I think Flash has done significantly well with "patching" the language since version 5. At least it's OO now!!! There are some things I take issue with still, especially regarding the timeline as you mentioned, but I think Flash is on its way to becoming a very powerful tool. And the vectors really make it perfect for the web. I would love to spend more time learning director in addition, but at this point, it really wouldn't be lucrative for me.

Remove Ads