Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone can help me solve a problem?

Here is the issue:

I have a simple flash animation with 3 scenes (loader scene, intro scene and main scene). This is going to be the header to my companies new site design.

The actionscript is set up to replay the main scene (looping) after it has loaded. I have a simple actionscript going on:

<code>
    gotoAndPlay("main", "start");
    </code>

"main" is the name of the scene and "start" is the name of the frame it is to go to and start playing again from. (I'm sure you knew all that but I wanted to make sure you knew that I knew).

THE PROBLEM:

In IE it works as it is supposed to. IN Firefox v.08 however it keeps looping from the load scene (the beginning) to the end over and over... RELOAD, RELOAD, RELOAD....

Like it is being refreshed or something?? I can't figure out what it is.

Is it a problem with my simple script or is it the Firefox plug-in??

Thanks in advance for your help.

jammy

Member #
    I'd imagine that it is Firefox. It is quite a new browser so may not be able to recognise such things. But I'm no expert on these things. But I think this is what it could be!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    I initially thought that as well (that it was a Firefox issue), but a friend of mine told me that it was re-starting in his IE 6.0.28 as well, on a PC.

I also have a friend who is a MAC user who had mentioned the same thing??

At first I thought it might be a plug-in issue, but now I can only think it is a problem with my action script??

It's really pissing me off though.

Remove Ads