Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hi

can any one tell me if there is a simple way of copying an animated sequence of shapes (in flash) to a new layer and then repostion the whole sequence on the stage. without doing it frame by frame?
    i want to create multiples of one animation at the same time in different places you see.

theres a peice of cake and a glass of milk in it for anyone who can help!

Member #
    I might be confused about what you are trying to do.

your 'animated sequence of shapes' should be in a movie clip.

then you can go to the library, and drag-and-drop the animation anywhere you want, as many times as you want.

so right now, on the stage you should be able to select all of the frames you have so far. then copy and paste those into a new movie clip.

Member #
    Isn't there a tool that allows you to edit 'multiple frames'. There should be a button underneath the timeline; you drag guides around the frames you want to edit... and work from there. sorry I can't be of much more help, I don't know Flash that well.

Member #
    Both of those ideas would work. I recommened the former. Go to Insert>Symbol. And make it a movie clip. Highlight and copy your frames you are animating and then go to your library and open up the movie clip you created. Paste the frames on frame 1 of the movie clip timeline. The you can drag out instances of the movie clip wherever you want on your main timeline or inside another movie clip. or a button..

Remove Ads