Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have another problem with flash. :tired:

Please view at: http://www.streetomania.com/project/makariou.swf

Basically on my page, when clicking on the submenu's in "Shops" everything is fine. I can drag a window around the page and everything. But, when I open one submenu and drag it around, and then click on another, the first one I opened doesn't go away, but stays on the screen.

How can i fix this? Please let me know if you need more information on what I've done.

Also when I click on home the same thing happens, I have the action gotoandplay to go to a label on the main that is called "home" it goes but the windows stay there open.

Member #
    I am new to Flash but I have an idea that I learned from tutorials. Did you also use actionscript for:

on (rollout, releaseOutside){
    gotoAndPlay("frame name here");
    {

you would indicate the frame name to gotoAndPlay to restore your menu to it's original state. Also you can use a mask around the menu movieclip that will trigger the menu to return to it's original state.

Does this help?

Member #
    my closing curly bracket was wrong in the example. it should have been '}'.

Member #
    If I do that won't the boxes dissapear every time the user moves his mouse away from them? Maybe I could use just ReleaseOutside so that if they click on the other box this one will dissapear.

I've also just thought of another way. If I click on a different button then I could give the button a commad to make all the other windows dissapear. I can't remember the command right now, but it's something like making the instancename visible 0.

I'll try both out later and let you know. Thanks

Member #
    on (release) {
    setProperty("/instance_name", _visible, "0");
    }

On all the buttons apart from the button you want to view though of course.

And you also have to put this at the begining of the movie for it to work:
    setProperty("/instance_name", _visible, "0");

It seems to work apart from the fact if i click on the SAME button it still does it. Never mind, it's only for college

Member #
    Not sure exactly what your trying to do. It seems you just want one 'box' shown at any given time. First, I have to ask, if you only want one shown, why go through the trouble of making them draggable? Secondly, I would just make each button link go to seperate frames. Each frame will have the animation of the box dropping down, with a stop(); of course. Then, when you click another link, it will go to another frame, which obviously only has that box in it.

But I don't know, maybe I don't quite get what your going for.

Member #
    Well basically it's for a project for college, so I have to put everything I learned into it. So thats why I'm making the boxes draggable, just to show that I know how. As for the animation on a different frames, thats what I've done. But for some reason a box was always visible, thats why I used the visible "0" command. I don't know, I know i've probably confused everyone here, but I'm new to ActionScript and this just seems to work for now.

If you go back to the url i gave on my first post, you can see that I have uploaded the newest version with all the changes. But if you click on events and drag the events window around, and then click it again, you will see that two boxes appear that are the same (which is a mistake).

Member #
    Are your actions dynamically creating the movie clips? Maybe you could post all of your actionscript or even the .fla?

Member #
    Sorry I just saw your post. Never mind, I handed it in this morning.

Remove Ads