Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
    I am looking for Flash tutorials on how to make the simple background effect shown in these two links:

Example 1
    Example 2

I see this effect used on many hosting sites, but the simple lines going through, the outline of the person.. the shine effect on the car, etc. I don't know the proper terms for it, so I can't search the net for tutorials.

Please if anyone can help, post back! thanks alot!!

Member #
    It's a pretty easy process. Basically, you just import your picture. Put in into a symbol on its own layer, then create another. Then, you just "draw" the lines that you want the little white thingie to follow. This is usually the outline of the object, or other features like that. That will be your mask. Then, create a symbol that will be your little white thingie. I usually just use a linear gradient from Alpha0% white to Alpha100% white back to 0%. Then, just put that back into the main symbol and tween to liking.

Remove Ads