Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Flash Room

Member #
    I had this idea a while back but I didn't know any Flash at all, I know a bit more now and I would love to give this idea a try. I wanna make my room into a Flash website, pan from wall to wall with arrows on the side and have various things and so forth. I found one website that looks pretty close to my idea,

http://www.jerry.digisle.tv/room.html

__________________________________________________ _____
    |*************||*************||*************|***** ********|
    |***wall 1**>>>>>**wall 2***>>>>**wall 1**>>>>>wall 2|
    ----------------------------------------------------------

(if you catch my drift)

Anyways, I was just wondering if there is anything I should know before I take this on, one thing I need to know is how to do iFrames in Flash that link to an external html/php file. I want this site to be neat and Flashy, yes, but I would also like most/all of the content editable online (through my current PHP Admin program)

Some ideas for the sections where..

1. My desk, draw a sketchbook in Flash and have that open up, zoom in and then travers my drawing section like that.
    2. Pictures, I have a wall of pictures on my window that would be a cool place to have those.
    3. Games, my shelves with my various DBZ/Gundam figurines
    4. Links, my door

And thats all I can think of, I know how to get the mouseovers and all that jazz to work, the picture section I would have to learn (have Left/Right buttons to go through "pages" of pics)

Interactive items could be easily done with just mouseovers and animations, but the mouseover Link Description the Seinfeld/Supe site I need help with too.

I know this is alot of crap, but I'm just trying to give a picture of what I am trying to accomplish as to better get help on how I would go ahead attacking this project and what skills I need to accquire.

If anyone is able to help, I would be very grateful.

(my current site is Ziggy-Art.com

Remove Ads