Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Is it possible to make a portfolio in flash so that is open in a new window and has like 'Next' and 'Previous' links instead of viewers having to look down a page. I imagine flash is the only program to use or are there others? Also, how much knowledge of actionscript would be required?
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    You want something along the lines of an Image Gallery which has forward and backwards buttons. This can be done with conventional links, if I understand you right. I wouldn't advice a pop-up though, for usability's sake.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Okey doke. Yes you have the idea. I'll try some ideas out and see what I come up with.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    You could try Flash but it'll take bloody years to load if it's image heavy.

Member #
    Flash portfolio...

What I gathered that you are tryin to do here is basically make a slide show, using flash. To have the gallery open in a new window is not difficult at all. There are tons of javascript codes to open a new window at a specified size. Regarding your flash slideshow, the actionscript would be very simple. The only problem is though, the flash movie gets very large in file size, and takes a long time to load smoothly, unless you use several different flash movies each containing one picture, and load them dynamically into the main flash movie. At any rate, if you would want some help with this, feel free to hit me up! I'd be more than glad to give you some pointers.

AIM: DocBoy52
    E-Mail: jchubler@verizon.net

Member #
    You could also consider using Director. It handles raster images better than flash, it's imo also easier to use than Flash. The downside is less people have the shockwave plugin installed than the flash.

Javascript for a new window and normal hyperlinks could create the same result just as well...

Remove Ads