Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I created a logo in Illustrator saved it as .gif, and then imported into Dreamweaver but it looks weird. It looks like I took a small file and enlarged it. Lots of distortion, etc.

Also is it smart to create logos in Illustrator? I thought it would be best because I can scale them to anysize later on. But if they are going to import like this, im just going to stick with designing in photoshop and importing the large jpeg and resize down.

Any ideas? Maybe I imported it in the wrong format? Is there a way to import illustrator files into dreamweaver and have it scalable without distortion?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Also is it smart to create logos in Illustrator? I thought it would be best because I can scale them to anysize later on.
    Illustrator is incredibly useful for any logo creation. Distortion shouldn't occur between Illustrator and Dreamweaver. I'd create a plain html file with Notepad and see if the image is distorted with that. You could also try importing the illustrator file into photoshop and save the gif file there. You might also be assigning the wrong width and height attributes in dreamweaver.

But if they are going to import like this, im just going to stick with designing in photoshop and importing the large jpeg and resize down.
    You never are supposed to import large jpeg files into Dreamweaver and size them down. They take forever to load. You are supposed to make any image you use in a web site the exact dimensions you need.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    I put the ai file in photoshop but nothing pops up and it says ''This is an adobe illustrator file that.'' then cuts off. But when I put the gif in there and resave it, then import it into dreamweaver it comes out clear and distortion free.
    Wonder what could be the problem?
    Also now that I checked again, in both formats (gif from AI, and then gif saved in PS) looks distorted around the outer edges of the type when its on a different background color. The stroke around the type perhaps too thick? Its set at 1pt in Illustrator.

Thanks for the very logical tip that slipped my mind, I thought by sizing down the image, the file would be proportionally smaller.

Thanks zionlocke.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I put the ai file in photoshop but nothing pops up and it says ''This is an adobe illustrator file that.'' then cuts off.
    For this, I said the wrong thing. To move from Illustrator to Photoshop, you need to save the .ai file as a .psd file. What you do is go to the File menu of Illustrator and select Export then select something like "Photoshop .psd" for "Save as type."

Also now that I checked again, in both formats (gif from AI, and then gif saved in PS) looks distorted around the outer edges of the type when its on a different background color. The stroke around the type perhaps too thick? Its set at 1pt in Illustrator.
    It looks distorted around the edges if you are using the wrong matte color for your transparent gif image. You need the matte color to be the same as the background color you are placing the image on.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Remove Ads