Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    http://www.contactus.nu/

how can i create that glowing look? maybe a dropshadow? well as i really don't know what people have as their resolutions, i want to be able to just create a simple image (709px X 5px approximately) and tile that image in my divs. so what would i use to get that shadow on the right and left without it being on the top or bottom? i'd prefer if it was possible to get it in fireworks mx, illustrator cs2, or flash mx 2004. thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay, let's say your document is 600px wide and 700px tall, create your box so the shadow has room inside the document left to right but goes to the edge on top and bottom. Now go to "object" at the top and select crop, then make. it should put some crop marks, now save for web. it will cut the blur shadow on top and bottom off...

cheers

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    To have a vertically scalable drop shadow, you should create 3 images - top, middle, and bottom. Then, you'll have to next 3 divs inside each other to display them appropriately:

Put the width on the outer div and the padding on the inner div.
    Code:
    <div style="background: url('middle.gif') repeat-y center top; width: 709px;">
        <div style="background: transparent url('top.gif') no-repeat center top; width: auto;">
            <div style="background: transparent url('bottom.gif') no-repeat center bottom; width: auto; padding: 20px;">
                <p>Content goes here.</p>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

Member #
    I found that connector you were looking for
    Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
    www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm
    It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.

Remove Ads