Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Everybody,

I have some vectors designed , now my requirement is to print them on T-shirt, But i don't know in which format i should save the illustrator file.

Does it needs any transparency. Please tell me...

Waiting for reply...

Thanks.
    Neo...

Member #
    well if your image isn't perfectly rectangular, you need to preserve transparency and the most common format for that (besides craptacular indexed color .gif) is .PNG
    Utah Web Design { Pimpin(it); } - ENJOY yo-self

Member #
    I agree with your suggestions Breezy

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    no, it doesnt matter about the actual colors if he is cutting ruby for a screen printer. They need EPS, true vector files. If its a pass screen printer he will just cut the colors off a plotter (cutting the ruby) and swipe the shirts. If its a four color process than that is a different story. I would STRONGLY suggest using an EPS file type.
    istealkegs likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I agree with graphicsman. Vector files are always the best bet. At the very least, export it as a PDF. Do not go with GIF, JPG, or PNG.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Actually... the only format that matters is what the "printer" request....

I've submitted graphics for print, web, screen printing and pretty much every print medium out there...

I used to export them out to all the different formats... until one day I said screw it... and ASK the printer his preferred format they use....

most newer printing equipment can use a variety of files... some of the older stuff out there is limited... or have special requirements like converting the colors to the CMYK pallete .... but not all...

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Big Printers use CMYK.
    But i believe that the color process for the work you need is RGB.

Most printer houses nowadays prefer PDF, PDF is pretty cool as you can preserve some if not most of the editability. N ow you need to be carefull with the PDF export requirements.

I think EPS is easier.

Note: Knowing if you must delkiver the work in CMYK or RGB is as important as the file format you must deliver it to (depending on the kind of work it may even be more important). Remeber that editing a file in a monitor WONT EVER look alike when you see the final product but if you make the mistake of delivering a file in RGB when you should have delivered in CMYK it will be a BIG BIG disapointment.

BTW, the only way to have a big approximation between what you see on the monitor and whats get printed is to have the printer profile, have your monitor calibrated and simulate the right paper. And even then its not perfect.
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Remove Ads