Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    phew... just re-read your post after I was gonna yell at you for using watermarked copyrighted stock in a distribution material :-P ...other than that you've gotten the layouts into print-safe parameters... problem is just that your logo has come out distorted when you took it from illustrator to indesign... you'll have to tell me step by step how you did it so I can diagnose what caused the distortion, though I'll say that it's most likely because you exported it at the wrong size and then tried to resize it in the final application (InDesign) ...remember that graphic changes always occur best within the graphic's native application. :-)
    Utah Web Design { Pimpin(it); } - ENJOY yo-self

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi

Thanks for the feedback - can I ask in which file the logo is distorted?

Its worrying me because i cant see this - after exporting to pdf theyre all looking pretty crisp - to be honest, I cant remember completely how I did it, but im pretty sure I used File > Place as the logo comes up within the links tab, and I remember going into illustrator and resizing the logo a few times to get the right fit for the InDesign document.

Ive reuploaded the updated versions at the same url:

ameliealden.com/indesign.zip (just uploading now so will be done in a few mins)

this zip includes all pdf, ai, and indesign files involved, plus an invoice slip ive done ontop of the rest

The two other things im worrying about is knocking out the green colour underneath the grey colour within the logo, although again in the pdfs it kinda looks like it did this automatically :S

And making fields within the invoice slip editable - this one was sprung on me this morning and i havent a clue how to do it!!

Thanks for continued help
    Emma

Member #
    K I found the problem... the link to the source image is just broken in the zip... so seein's the rest looks good to go, I say cut and print! (print and cut? :-P)
    (oh and if you wanted to gimme some street cred, clicking the little thumbs up next to the post date wouldn't hurt ;-))
    Utah Web Design { Pimpin(it); } - ENJOY yo-self

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    woohoo - thanks for your help breezy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads