Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello Guys, the question seems funny but i'm new in this and was wondering if someone could help me out. I have created a textimage on the Illustrator and saved it into a local folder. Now on Dreamweaver i can see the the image on the right hand site where the local files are but when i attend to copy the Textimage it copys me only the text in a small size and no colours just as if i have done nothing on the illustrator.WHY?????:cry:
    Thanks for the help
    salman

Member #
    Hello salman,

Are you using Illustrator and Dreamweaver CS4? As well Photoshop CS4?

CS4 brought Smart Objects, but for whatever reason Dreamweaver doesn't support Illustrators Smart Objects (who knows??) But you can use Photoshop to get around it. Below is a good explanation. (hopefully I'm reading your question correctly)

ILLUSTRATOR SMART OBJECTS IN DREAMWEAVER
    OK, denial has run its course and I've now entered the acceptance phase. Dreamweaver snubbed us and doesn't support Illustrator Smart Objects -- Dreamweaver and Photoshop are obviously having a big party and Illustrator wasn't invited (I'm sure the invite just got lost in the mail or got caught in a spam filter somewhere). But that's OK, because Illustrator can sneak into the party anyway. Sure, DW doesn't support AI smart objects. But PS does. SCORE.

Place your Illustrator art into Photoshop as a smart object, and then place the PSD into your Dreamweaver layout. Want to edit the file? Click the Edit button in Dreamweaver to open the PSD in Photoshop. Then double click the Vector Smart Object in Photoshop to open the file in Illustrator. Make the required edits and save the Illustrator file. Save the Photoshop file. Return to Dreamweaver, and everything updates. SWEET. It's like Photoshop is a revolving door. Wham bam thank you ma'am -- you've just been served. It may sound like a lot of extra steps, but in reality, it's just one more double-click than a standard Photoshop smart object.

In closing, by using Illustrator in this way, you have the benefit of using Illustrator art in pixel form via Photoshop (GIF/JPG/PNG), while you can still dump the art into Flash or Flash Catalyst for vector art (SWF). If you'd like to see more support for Illustrator in future versions of Dreamweaver, please speak up and leave a comment here. I'd love to send the folks on the Dreamweaver team a few wishes for what I'd like to see in the new year

Quote Originally Posted by salman
    Hello Guys, the question seems funny but i'm new in this and was wondering if someone could help me out. I have created a textimage on the Illustrator and saved it into a local folder. Now on Dreamweaver i can see the the image on the right hand site where the local files are but when i attend to copy the Textimage it copys me only the text in a small size and no colours just as if i have done nothing on the illustrator.WHY?????:cry:
    Thanks for the help
    salman
    Josh

Remove Ads