Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: eps files

Member #
    Recently I have requested from a couple clients a vector version of their logo if available. I end up getting an EPS file with an image in it.

Not only that, I've come across some fairly big companies/organizations that have provided an EPS file for their logos and have done the same. Is this normal? Am I missing something? They definitely are not like the vector images I create and don't appear to scale well. Are they assuming that they automatically become vectors by placing it into an EPS file?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jared

Member #
    Maybe it's a Photoshop file saved as EPS? Usually if it's an Illustrator file you can scale the image w/o it pixelating. If it is a Photoshop file you can ask them to include vector data in the EPS Options when saving and it'll allow you to size the elements in Illustrator.

Member #
    Hm, that's a definite possibility. I will have to ask, or even try that out myself.

Any other possibilities?

Remove Ads