Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Blend Text

Member #
    How can i make the red text fit in the black box as i want to cut it off where the black box line is
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Copy your black rectangle.
    Select your text.
    Open your Transparency Pallete.
    Double click on the blank space next to the thumbnail of your text(in the transparency pallete) to apply the mask.
    Paste (the black triangle) to front. (you are essentially pasting this shape in to the mask.)
    Make sure Clip and Invert mask are checked next to the thumbnail.
    Double click on your thumbnail to get back to normal editing mode.
    Your done.

Note: This is simpler and less confusing to mess with in Photoshop.

Member #
    Convert the text to outline and then select the box and the text and use the pathfinder to divide it. Select everything you don't want (outside the box) and delete. Done.

Member #
    MrLuke,
    The only problem with the method you suggest is that you can't edit the text any more.

Sure it will work, but if you ever need to make a change or adjust the placement you have to redo the layout or the text or both.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    mrluke is right. That is the best way of doing it.

However, MetalT, I know your frustration, especially if you are trying to come up with a final design, awaiting a customers approval since there will surely be changes in the future, until they decide on something final.

The way I handle this is that I always keep the original with editable text, and then copy it, and pathfind and expand the copy. If the customer ever wants changes, you delete the expanded version and go back to the text version.

But using the pathfinder is the best way to go. It makes a professional and correct vector.

Remove Ads