Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi...does anyone use illustrator for the purpose of signage/production design...i have used coreldraw for years in the signage industry...now i have to use Adobe Illustrator...the problem i am having is that with CD you can set your page scale to 1:10, 1:50, 1:100 etc for the purpose of keeping everything to scale on and A4-A3 page...but there is not this option with Ai...can anyone please advise...many thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I have moved the thread to the Illustrator forum - you're more likely to get the help you need here.
    I wish I could help you myself with your problem, but I'm a total beginner in Illustrator.
    Good luck,
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    thanks...

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I was in your same boat. I usually design in illustrator for logos, lighted signs, wraps and such then save out as EPS and import into CD. Makes it sooooo much easier when designing lighted signs and you want everything to scale.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ugghh... I hate CD. I work in the sign business, and just as Graphicsman, I do all the design (logos, wraps, etc.) in Illustrator, but then I take it over to FlexiSign Pro... because Flexi is F-in awesome.

Also, graphicsman, do you not have any issues importing Illustrator into Corel Draw? We use CD for our laser engraver, and we continually run into problems with files magically changing themselves when brought into CD.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by istealkegs, post: 211463
    Ugghh... I hate CD. I work in the sign business, and just as Graphicsman, I do all the design (logos, wraps, etc.) in Illustrator, but then I take it over to FlexiSign Pro... because Flexi is F-in awesome.

Also, graphicsman, do you not have any issues importing Illustrator into Corel Draw? We use CD for our laser engraver, and we continually run into problems with files magically changing themselves when brought into CD.
    i use flexi too, but mostly for lighted signs. I havent had any problems with importing if you are aware of the difference from a true vector line compared to a thicken line with illustrator. There are some differences but after awhile you figure out how to work around them.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicsman, post: 211576
    i use flexi too, but mostly for lighted signs. I havent had any problems with importing if you are aware of the difference from a true vector line compared to a thicken line with illustrator. There are some differences but after awhile you figure out how to work around them.
    I am not sure what you mean by the thicken lines in Illustrator, I expand all of my artwork so that there is NEVER a stroke, if that is what you are refering to. Most of my importing problems come from when I expand a font to outlines in Illustrator and then import it into CD, for some reason the lines lose their curves and become jagged if you zoom in closely.

Remove Ads