Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone!

I'm learning how to use Illustrator at the moment and there are two things I urgently need to know, which I didn't find in any professional tutorials.

1. If I create for example four anchor points like this with the Pen tool:

x1------------------------x2--------------------x3-------------------------x4

How do I for example put the stroke color from first to second anchor point to be black, from second to third anchor point to be RED(different color) and from third to fourth anchor point to be black again?

2. If I want to create a T shape with the pen tool:

x1--------------------------x3--------------------------x2
    .............................I
    .............................x4

If I first create a line with the Pen tool and than add a THIRD anchor point somewhere on the path between anchor point ONE and TWO. How do I get my pen tool to draw my next line from anchor point THREE(the one added on the existing path) instead of TWO?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Have a nice day everyone!
    Jerry

Member #
    You cant. Draw another line?

Member #
    Are you sure? There's gotta be a way... Illustrator isn't that bad of a program...

Member #
    It is not bad at all. It is professional, but pen tool is not intended to do that. You cant just make up things that u want to do, and then call a program bad, just because the only tool u ever tried using, cant do what u want. Try with other tools which are more appropriate for that. You cant expect magic after few days of usage. Dont get me wrong, but i really hate when amateurs whine on forums... Like i said, illustrator has many tools and it takes years to master it.

Nice day
    - Mack

Member #
    Woah man. Slow it down... Who said that Pen tool is the only tool I use? I just thought that using the Pen tool will be the shortest way to do something I want to do.

No offense, but if you're such a PRO like you state to be, than write something useful here instead, perhaps another way on how to do the two things I want to do.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well to be honest Tiki, I kind of agree with Creative... the program is super powerful and is able to achieve any given final product you can imagine... however, HOW you achieve that final product, might require you to use some other tools.

Creative is right though in that you cannot do the things you want to with the pen tool.

That doesn't mean that you cant achieve the look you are going for, it just means you can't do it the way you want to.

Member #
    Hmm ok. Well I did find another way around it, much more complicated, but it got the job done ^^

Thanks for your reply!

Remove Ads