Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired, post: 223798
    Guys and gals, please stop reading too much into each other's posts. It seems that everyone is blowing each others' posts out of proportion.
    Excuse me??!? Who's blowing who!? I think everyone's taking this whole thread too seriously... I think kegster takes Illustrator too seriously, and the mods are taking his expressed passion for Illustrator too seriously. Seriously, just everyone chill... me and kegster can work our sh*t out. Promise.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley, post: 223802
    Excuse me??!? Who's blowing who!? I think everyone's taking this whole thread too seriously... I think kegster takes Illustrator too seriously, and the mods are taking his expressed passion for Illustrator too seriously. Seriously, just everyone chill... me and kegster can work our sh*t out. Promise.
    Cool - go for it - I like it when folks peace out. (child of the '70's here...)
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    SERIOUSLY!! lol

Thats all I kept seeing in that post
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks man for understanding... although I don't think there is anything to work out. I have no beef.

But for what it's worth, I looked at your vector and it's not bad. There are minimal amount of points and such which is good. Your curves are smooth and sexy. No homo.

The only gripe I have with it is that there are strokes. There should NEVER be strokes on a final product. At the VERY LEAST, expand the whole thing. It's not the RIGHT way, but it's better than having strokes. I couldn't spend the time to remake the whole logo but I did the crown if you are really interested in how it SHOULD be done. Notice that the two crowns look EXACTLY the same on screen, but if they are pulled into Illustrator and you move the different pieces around, you can see the difference. My version has fewer points (to reduce file size) and more importantly ANY industry can take it and work with it with out having to change anything... well, with the exception of say if the logo was to be made into a backlit sign with the logo made in transparent cut vinyl, but hell, that's a whole different ball game. LOL.

I thought about this whole dilemma and I think I have the best way of describing it to you guys since you are all web designers. The whole reason I came to this forum was to ask a couple questions about starting to learn web design (I know very little). Pretty much the consensus I got from you guys was that I need to learn code rather than learn a web design program. You guys said that the main reason for this was that the programs add tons of unnecessary code, and the desired effects don't always function properly. Pretty much what you guys taught me was to really learn how to make a website before relying on a program to do the work for me... and that makes sense to me.

I guess I feel the same way about Illustrator. If you don't really understand whats going on, you are just making future headaches for yourself and the others involved in it... I hope all of that made sense. It does in my head, but I am F-in nuts.

Also, Menudo, I am sorry for commandeering your thread.
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I know that strokes are no good for printing, but have you ever oudlined your strokes and then had to make a change to something? I always keep my AIs and PDFs intact when possible, and outline strokes & text blocks only in EPS for printers. I find that's a good habit to get into. I've lost original strokes and text blocks before and it's not fun having to redraw them all. This PDF was for client approval, not for printing, so it's intact. In this case I outlined the text early because I had to in order to skew it.

As for extra data from booleans or whatever, I know that can be minimized, but again, if it's not corrupting the integrity of the artwork, from a designer's standpoint, it's not necessary.

As for translucent vinyls, yes, I'm aware of that headache as well. Embroidery is similar. Fortunately, those service providers almost always "fix" (boolean / flatten) your artwork for you, so again, I stand by "not a designer's job".

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Remove Ads