Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey-up, OK I did a logo and altered a typeface a little with direct selection tool, added a gradiant to the stroke by selecting outline stroke. Now I am shrinking it down (literally electing it and reducing with the mouse drag) and I can see it is creating jagged edges, which also print jagged too. As I didnt rasterise it, I dont get why it would alter at different sizes...I did the whole thing in Illustrator. Anyone have any ideas? Doc raster effects settings say its 300dpi, but I admit I dont know if it was that setting when I started out...you can see from the PDF attached that there are jagged lines on the outlines of the type.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cordy1474, post: 218808
    Hey-up, OK I did a logo and altered a typeface a little with direct selection tool, added a gradiant to the stroke by selecting outline stroke. Now I am shrinking it down (literally electing it and reducing with the mouse drag) and I can see it is creating jagged edges, which also print jagged too. As I didnt rasterise it, I dont get why it would alter at different sizes...I did the whole thing in Illustrator. Anyone have any ideas? Doc raster effects settings say its 300dpi, but I admit I dont know if it was that setting when I started out...you can see from the PDF attached that there are jagged lines on the outlines of the type.
    Hey I dled your PDF and opened it in Illustrator and shrunk it as small as I could and didnt see any pixelation... I am not sure what you are seeing... I did notice that the black box appears to have a gradient mesh applied to it, but only one color (black) and I don't really understand why you would have done that... maybe that has something to do with it?

Or maybe, you accidently clicked VIEW>PIXEL PREVIEW which makes the vector appear pixelated just for faster loading if your computer is slower... but I do not know if it would actually print pixelated if you click that. I dont havea printer hooked up to this computer so I cannot test it. If that is what is going on though, you can just re-click the VIEW>PIXEL PREVIEW to reset back to normal.

I hope this helps.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    There are no jagged lines on this logo. Did you happen to load it into a raster graphics program like Photoshop after you exported it as a pdf from Illustrator? That's the only thing I can think of.

Remove Ads