Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    So I'm having my first crack at logo construction using adobe illustrator cs4. A client has been unable to provide us with a good quality logo so I've been tasked with completing this project.

What I'm wondering is does anyone have any suggestions as to how to approach this? The images they provided us are very pixel-lated-looking. To be honest it looks like they just opened up a photoshop file in AI, did a live trace with 16 colors and with the color at max and the area relatively low.

What I've started doing is using the live trace to generate a bunch of possible images, then layering them together each with different opacity to try and maintain a sharp shape but good color and detail at the same time. What I have so far isn't bad but the colors aren't as bright as they should be.

But yeah, any suggestions on the best way to approach this?

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    my suggestion is if the image is low quality, usually the smaller it is the easier it is to trace over. If you use the pen tool to draw the lines and fill colors etc it should help. after youve done that, because the image would be a vector based image you can then expand the vector scale up so it is properly viewable.
    ravage likes this.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    thanks!
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You can also place the logo into the document and use Live Trace as a basis for the logo. Once traced, choose Expand in the tool bar to edit the logo.
    I'm an art director crossing paths between print and web design.
    http://www.ballardstudio.com

Remove Ads