Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Well, before you can design a good logo for a company, it's always good to know what they actually do!

So, since the name is a little abstract, how about filling us in?

Personally, without knowing what the company is about, I'm liking the letter heap in AlphaMare's 2nd image the best graphically, though I don't really dig the way the name is thrown on top.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I'm guessing it's a blog of some kind.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    This actually took way longer than I had anticipated... and its more of a joke... meant to make people laugh... I just want to be clear on that. It's funny. I'm not attacking.

Later I realized I probably should have put WORD HEAP in the center... but it was too late for that...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Cute.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm just trying to figure out if "TNA" is Total Nonstop Action or ... the other "T'n'A."
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Okay well JB is a professional wordsmith, I think yea its a form of blog
    http://www.wordheap.co.uk/WH/index.html that's the web address.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Just a thought here m3, but maybe take the top image and apply it as a clipping mask over the bottom image. If you do this, be sure to set the top image's blend mode to "screen" Ultimately, both images will get to be used in the logo. This is similar to using Photoshop, and placing someone's face inside of text. But since this is logo design, I assume we want the option to have business cards in which case vector graphics for print is desired.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    After looking at the featured logo, I thought it might be a good idea to come up with another logo for my website. I've been told that the now former logo was too flashy so to speak and to be simplistic. So in applying as much simplicity as I can possibly muster, I came up with this. crdDesigns.jpg

Member #
    What is your website for? If you're looking for something that's distinct but not "too flashy" I'd suggest avoiding effects (gradients, glows, odd 3D - it gets a little weird after the 'i') and work with the base letterforms. Maybe add ligatures or change some aspect of the letters?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m3n0tu18, post: 220089
    Hey guys,

Okay I am redesigning a logo for a friend of mine. Please see attached.

This is what i came up with

Top image is original
    bottom is my interpretation of it

I sent to my friend and he says he likes the version, but prefers his one.

Annndd now my minds gone blank. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to make an outstanding logo?

Personally i think my logo portrays the company better than his but there we go.

Any help would be most apt Attachment 3243
    I don't like his version at all because his company name is not readable. I think the letters on top of his company name in your version is slightly distracting. Maybe try having them not be so readable, like make them 3d and turned various directions so they aren't facing forward but you can still tell they are letters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads