Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm a complete novice so please go steady on me

Enjoying finding my way around Illustrator, took 2 days to work out how to use the pen tool. Got that now so onto tracing.
    Now.... I can get as far as putting the image I want to trace on by going file, new, place, click link, object lock, live trace and selecting low fidelity then expand.

I have now got my image with all the anchors on! Brill so far but now I am stuck and despite having spent a full day searching for the answer I'm unable to go forward.

What I want to do is change a few of the anchors which will give me a slightly different image to the original. As far as I can tell I select the direct selection tool and just do it but.... This just moves the whole vector image??

I guess this is such a dumb question with an easy answer but have to admit defeat here!

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or what I need to do in simple English to achieve this would be a real star in my opinion!

Thanks!

:bye:

Member #
    hmm i just did what you said you have done and using the direct selection tool worked form me. the only difference is that i didnt lock anything because if i lock the image i cant do live trace with it.
    Do you have any lock layers or double images that are lock??
    good luck, hope it helps.

Member #
    The only thing I can think of is...you have to click exactly on the edge/line you want to change with the hollow pointer (direct selection tool), or the point itself. If you're just a little off, it'll move the whole shape. Another option is to use the Smooth tool, which is under the Pencil icon on your toolbar. With the selection tool, select the part you want to change, then change to the Smooth tool. Then click and drag along the highlighted part. It just smooths out those points.

Remove Ads