Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Logo Design

Member #
    Hi all I am new in graphic design.
    I have started creating logos with photoshop and save them as .eps in order to have a vector file.
    But the problem is that is not 100% full vector.
    What can I do if I want to use photoshop and not illustrator forr logo design.
    How can I solve this problem?
    Thank you in advance
    Marina

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 249507
    Wow! The link is really helpful! Thanks a bunch!! Come on guys, lets check it out

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    The thing is PS doesn't create a "true" vector like Illustrator does. Here is a little test you can do that will prove my point, open both illy and PS and then make and fill a circle and then add a 2px red stroke to the outside of the circles. Then zoom into the image and notice the difference, Illy stays the same because it is done with precise calculations where PS is not and as you zoom in will become pixelated.

Anyways, depending on the size and type of logo you need you can make it in PS just fine as long as it doesn't have to ever be bigger than what you made it for. For example, I made a logo that was going to be on a storefront in the mall so I had to design it in Illy, a website logo can be made with PS and saved as a Png file.

Member #
    You can try Inkscape.It is a vector drawing tool that would be an excellent chose for building scalable logo art. Inkscape is also free and runs on lots of platforms including both Windows and Mac.

Member #
    Thank you very much all for your replies.
    I can understand what are you saying but I can not work so easily in illustrator as in photoshop it has a more friendly working area.
    What I have choose to make is
    1. open a psd file with Illustrator
    2.chose image trace
    3, finally choose object and press expand
    4. the results I saved as .eps or.ai
    If uou like you can see the eps file in the following link
    http://www.designpandorabox.eu/finewines.eps
    Thank you so much for your help
    Marina

Member #
    Logo design is a best software. Anyways, depending on the size and type of logo you need you can make it in PS just fine as long as it doesn't have to ever be bigger than what you made it for. For example, I made a logo that was going to be on a store front in the mall so I had to design it is a website logo can be made with PS and save as a Png file.

Remove Ads