Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi. I am new to Illustrator, so I hope that my question will make sense. I have a symmetrical design that I am working with. I imported it, did a Live Trace, Expanded it and then set about correcting all the deformities that happened. There was one piece on the left side that I couldn't get to look right, so I used Object>Transform>Reflect on the corresponding shape on the right hand side of the image. Then I dragged it over to the left side and deleted the disfigured piece. Voila! It looked great! Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to erase the background behind the new piece. Every other shape has an empty interior except for this one. I am attaching a picture of what I am talking about. Any ideas? Am I making sense? Thanks so much for you help!
    cthulu copy.jpg

Susan

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You can try making a shape with the same fill color, and navigate to Select > Same > Fill Color.
    Or
    You can try manually select each point on the object, using the Direct Select tool, and change the fill.
    Also
    Toggle down your layer to really see/analyze all the objects in your file...sometimes that helps answer questions.
    Hope that helps.

Remove Ads