Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By burtcis

Thread: Creating this in Illustrator / photoshop for a newb!

Member #

Creating this in Illustrator / photoshop for a newb!

Hello,

OK, so I AM a newbie and have almost nil knowledge so help (step-by-step) from pros is most appreciated and cheered!

I want to create a logo of my name just like the words WINSTON WOLF at the bottom here:
    Winston Wolf { The quasi-blog of ?ukasz Popardowski }
    (font, style, engraving effect etc.). HOW DO I DO IT???
    Very much looking forward to if any of you guys can help out!

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    This can be any script font style, which you can search here for the one you like. If you have a tablet you can draw your own signature in Photoshop and save as your "logo" or signature. I don't see an engraved effect on it but that is accomplished in Photoshop using the inner shadow layer option.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Friend my best advice for you. You can simply just open youtube.com and watch tutorial i think its the best idea for you.
    missy likes this.

Member #
    Open Photoshop. New document. Size...Idk go with 1000x1000 and background Transparent, select that option. Okay then you see your 'canvas' on the PS screen. Now go to the top, and go to layer/new layer hit okay. then go to the far left side and select the text option. (if you dont know where to find this please go to youtube and watch a video on how to add a text layer in photoshop)
    Then click on your canvas where you want your text to start and make sure your FONT type is selected and size that you want from the top. If you need to load your font go to dafont.com register and then type in your name or whatever it is you are wanting to make and go through the fonts. each will come up showing how YOUR DESIGN will look with that font. So then download it and make sure you install it before you have opened PS program. Anyways assuming you have done that then start typing what you want. Got it on there?
    Okay great, now you add an adjustment layer to get the engraved effect. if you dont know how to do that, again a quick few minute youtube video will help you with that part I hope you figure it out, i learned photoshop pretty much trial and error and watching youtube

Member #
    A good place to start making a logo is adobe illustrator and here is a tip, keep the resolution at 300 DPI or if you need more assistance go to Vimeo or YouTube and search any type of information you need.
    212.729.1239 Web Design Agency in New York | HTML5-CSS3 Hand Coded Websites

Remove Ads