Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

I'm trying to 'curve' my page. Please help me!

Hi Guys/Girls,

I would really appreciate any help with my issue.

So basically, I'm trying to 'curve' a rectangle to look like a curved 'page' containing either a vector image or a jpeg.

I've attached an image to show what I'm trying to achieve (and my shortcomings!), as you can see, the page is curved (which I had to draw with the pen tool) but the object (in this case a number '19') on the 'page' does not follow the natural contour of the 'page'.

19-curve.jpg

I'm not looking to 'curl' the corner of the page.

Any suggestions that lead me towards my solution would be much appreciated.

This is my first post here so please be kind

Thanks in advance,
    Thomas (UK)

Member #
    Or if it's a job that can be better done in PhotoShop any advise would be great!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Im know in photoshop you can use different distortion tools n could easily get the effect? Ive never done it in Illustrator but id guess it would be hand drawn?

Go into PS and go to edit>transform.. Inside there is a few tools? When i get home i will look at it a lil more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Hi Vapr_Arts, I'm on photoshop right now trying to work it out Thanks for your advice!

Member #
    Having a play around with the warp options, can't seem to achieve the result I would like

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    My apologies i completely forgot to look into this for you. I will try and help you a little better. Im pretty sure you would use Edit>transformPath>warp

it would take a little work but between that and the other options in the transform path menu should get you that effect. I personally would just draw it all out, a lot easier in my opinion. what exactly are you trying to use this effect on? is it something as simple as the example above?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I would use the Warp option with the Perspective option in the Transform menu. Just play with both of those options and adjust them until you come up with something. I would create the image you are trying to use down to one layer and make it a smart object and then distort it from there. That may be easier than trying to create this on different layers? I am just guessing as I haven't ever really done this exactly but I have done something similar a few years ago and I believe thats the steps I took.

Remove Ads