Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By sasha_bolcina
  • 1 Post By J. Ideas

Thread: Help me to improve this logo

Member #

Help me to improve this logo

Hi mates.

I started to learn illustrator and I have a website to do for a cousin.

The name of the company is : olhar informático that means computing eye.

I like the logo, but I'm not happy enough. I think that need something. I don't know if its the type of letters, or need some shadow, I really don't know.

Olhar-informatico.jpg

I need your opinion. Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    The logo is too busy.. Imagine how that would look really small as lets say a Favicon. Also doing logos are very difficult im studying design in school and would say im fairly good at it but logos are a nightmare! Its not just me either, logo work is the most difficult of them all. You need a lot of thought and creativity.

Ill admit its a nice graphic. But for instance make it all one color. You will lose the effect of the greys n blues circle pieces in the eye. This is something that a lot of first timers mess up. Start with paper and pencil. That way you know it works in one color. It doesnt have to be a good drawing in fact it should be a quick sketch. We are required to do anywhere from 50-100 small sketches before we can do anything else.

Best advice i can give? KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID (not calling you stupid this is a phrase used in the design world) look at other logos. Good logos like Nike, or Target.. See how simple they really are? Yet really effective? Thats what makes a good logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    The logo is too busy.. Imagine how that would look really small as lets say a Favicon. Also doing logos are very difficult im studying design in school and would say im fairly good at it but logos are a nightmare! Its not just me either, logo work is the most difficult of them all. You need a lot of thought and creativity.

Ill admit its a nice graphic. But for instance make it all one color. You will lose the effect of the greys n blues circle pieces in the eye. This is something that a lot of first timers mess up. Start with paper and pencil. That way you know it works in one color. It doesnt have to be a good drawing in fact it should be a quick sketch. We are required to do anywhere from 50-100 small sketches before we can do anything else.

Best advice i can give? KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID (not calling you stupid this is a phrase used in the design world) look at other logos. Good logos like Nike, or Target.. See how simple they really are? Yet really effective? Thats what makes a good logo.

Thank you! After you tell me that makes more sense for me.
    is there any basic rules for logos?

What is your suggestion? Because the business is computing and the name is computing eye. I know that the logo don't need to be exacly the name.

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    There are some basic rules for how a logo should be made. For example keeping it simple is probably one of the most important rules to follow aside from it having to be a vector image(which it is if you are using ILLY)

They should be solid colors, gradients are cool if done right but should be added to it only AFTER it looks good in one color and solid colors.

Use thick lines so they don't disappear when the logo is shrunk down and make sure that theres enough whitespace so that elements don't blend when its shrunk down as well.

These are some BASIC rules. Its a lot more complicated than this. Its one of the most difficult tasks a designer has to do.

My suggestion would be to look up your cousins competition. See what they are doing right and wrong with their logos. Research the industry and then sketch sketch sketch!! My ideas come from these three steps. I usually get about halfway into my sketches before i even get a good idea. Its a lot of work too. We have spent up to a week just on sketches. Don't rush it or you will either get frustrated or come up with a bad logo.

If your cousin is serious about it id probably suggest letting a professional do this. I know you don't want to hear that but this is an important investment into a business. A bad logo can kill a business. I wont even design logos for my clients yet as i don't want that responsibility.

satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Try make it very simple, like bigger black circle with smaller white circle inside the black one. It is like an eye, but can be letter "O" too. Now make "I" with this eye "O" as a dot on "i". Make more sketches with same idea and elaborate Search web for other ideas, for inspiration.
    Last logo I did is for zerowaste market (Home - still in production). This logo is very simple and symbolize 0 and gesture for "good".
    You can find inspiration very easy, like this.
    And KISS ! Think of NIKE logo

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey, if you need some help you can check us out. Just click here: http://ideasbyj.wix.com/jdeas
    Last edited by J. Ideas; Mar 20th, 2016 at 02:00 PM.
    satindertech likes this.

Remove Ads