Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Need help with logo text.

Hello I am currently trying to vectorize a logo. and I found the font they have used and I can get the color correct but I simply cant figure out how to finesse my way to make it look like the old text.

that is the old one

and that is as good as I can get it. any help please.

Nova

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    Are you using a vector based program such as Illustrator? I see some shadow that is raster based. The shadow was more than likely made by creating a duplicate of the text, making it black and pushing it down and to the right. There also seems to be a thin outline around the text.

Is this a personal project? Class project? Or did someone throw you into the designer role with no experience? This is very basic for someone who has used the software for any amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I can also see some raster based things in here. Remember that logos should be done as vector graphics. I am not sure but I think you can't make such 3d style effects in ilustrator. I know that you can make it in photoshop in blending options -> bevel & emboss but I really don't know how to do it in illustrator even if it's possible.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey, if you need some help you can check us out. We are a small business called J. Ideas, that helps people create their logos and business cards. Check us out by clicking here: J. Ideas: Make Your Ideas Become reality

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Ideas View Post
    Hey, if you need some help you can check us out. We are a small business called J. Ideas, that helps people create their logos and business cards. Check us out by clicking here: J. Ideas: Make Your Ideas Become reality
    If they are looking to hire someone it will be in a different section, the marketplace. If you wish to advertise you can also use that section as well. You may still need more posts before you can drop any links even in the marketplace, but Im mot sure.

You're new and you haven't really done anything "wrong." You didn't drop a link which is a good thing. Just wanted to let you know so you do not make this mistake again. We get a lot of people that come in and advertise (sometimes for misinformed SEO purposes) and then vanish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaa View Post
    Hello I am currently trying to vectorize a logo. and I found the font they have used and I can get the color correct but I simply cant figure out how to finesse my way to make it look like the old text.

that is the old one

and that is as good as I can get it. any help please.

Nova
    The top looks like Recreation World and RV have a black stroke and a beveled edge. The top shadow has no blur like the bottom does. The top font is also a little bit more squished together.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Top blue is outlined, bevel & emboss then 3D is done for depth in black.
    It can be done in blending mode also.
    It can be done in Coreldraw or Photoshop.
    Try to search online video for this for software you want to use.
    Use terms: bevel and emboss, blending layers, 3D etc.
    Last edited by satindertech; Mar 25th, 2016 at 01:29 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    OMG this is a very simple project especially if you already have the typeface used in the original. The type is beveled and yes illustrator is able to bevel text If you have CS6 or CC. If not go ahead an download a free trial and you can do everything on the trial that you can do on the full version for about 30 days then it will lock you out.

You can bevel the text by selecting the text and going into the effects menu and selecting 3D here you will get the 3D window adjust the y, x and z offsets to all zeros. Then start messing with the bevel settings till you get the type to look like it does in the logo.

Illustrator is key here because as you know any shape you make in Illustrator provides to pallets for one for fill and the other for outline. mess with the weight of the outline till it looks about the same strength. Then with the type selected go to the effect menu and select stylize in the drop down menu and follow it to drop shadow. Mess with the opacity and blur, the x and y offsets and set your color to the darkest black possible or set the color code to 000000 till it matches the look on the origanal logo.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetutguy View Post
    OMG this is a very simple project especially if you already have the typeface used in the original. The type is beveled and yes illustrator is able to bevel text If you have CS6 or CC. If not go ahead an download a free trial and you can do everything on the trial that you can do on the full version for about 30 days then it will lock you out.

You can bevel the text by selecting the text and going into the effects menu and selecting 3D here you will get the 3D window adjust the y, x and z offsets to all zeros. Then start messing with the bevel settings till you get the type to look like it does in the logo.

Illustrator is key here because as you know any shape you make in Illustrator provides to pallets for one for fill and the other for outline. mess with the weight of the outline till it looks about the same strength. Then with the type selected go to the effect menu and select stylize in the drop down menu and follow it to drop shadow. Mess with the opacity and blur, the x and y offsets and set your color to the darkest black possible or set the color code to 000000 till it matches the look on the origanal logo.
    The other step I forgot was something nobody else was able to point out. The origenal logo looks like it has a plastic wrap on the text. This is also in the effects menu but I am at work right now and away from a computer with Illustrator on it. I will touchbase on this more when I get home.

Remove Ads