Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Set spacing value to auto

Illustrator 10: Align has worked OK in the past, but today when attempting to "distribute evenly" rather than the little boxes all jumping to it and getting in a nice, neat, even line, I'm presented with "Please choose a key object by clicking on one of the selected objects with the selection tool [assume this is the pointer arrow?], or set the spacing value to Auto"

None of which makes any sense. None of which tells me where to go to find out what that means in plain English. Searching on-line only brings up the directive: "Align Objects fly-out menu> Show Options."

What, exactly, is a "fly-out" menu? Then only thing I know is that when I click on the drop-down arrow on the "Align" tool, it drops down the Align Objects, Distribute Objects and Distribute Spacing. Normally, when I have several objects I want to be evenly spaced/distributed, I merely select them, click on the Distribute Spacing icon which indicates what I want done, and the objects are evenly redistributed between the two outside/end objects.

Today I just get a message about setting a value to Auto -- with no indication how one does that.

Any direction? Many thanks.

Remove Ads