Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    OK, I know I've asked this question before in the 'Outline flash to picture' thread but this is sort of a different subject. I cannot get the outlines of the pictures. Like how would they have done it on www.packardbell.com, you see that animation? How did they get those outlines?
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You could inport an image, then tracebitmap, then draw a selection over the whole image and set your fill color to some color(white maybe). That will 'group' all the shapes together, you you will then have a solid color siollouett of your image, and you can get the outline by stroking the shape..

Hope I was clear enough..

Member #
    For some reason, when I trace bitmap, then select all the shapes and change their color to white, it won't let me change the stroke. It changes but then goes back to nothing. Any way I can fix this?
    Rednerve

Member #
    If changing the stroke isn't working for you, try using the "Ink Dropper" tool. The ink dropper basically takes whatever you click on, and outlines it with the settings you choose.

Member #
    Yeah but when I convert to bitmap, it seperates it into so many different shapes that I get too many outlines!
    Rednerve

Member #
    Make sure to fill it all with the same color first. Select the whole picture, then in your properties box, just change the fill to any color, and it should make the picture that one solid color. Then when you apply the ink dropper, it will stroke just the outside.

Member #
    I don't want a rectangle
    Rednerve

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Just trace your image with the pen tool to make your outline, you will get better results that way. Using the method I described will give you jagged edges, I just tried doing it on multiple images..

Member #
    OK, I'll use the pen tool. Thanks gylakk. I'll tell you if I get any good results.
    Rednerve

Remove Ads