Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I recently downloaded a few templates to learn some techniques and stuff some of the pro designers use to make their websites...Well I have a question....I noticed that some of the text in the templates are in HTML format when I view it on my browser....I'm a bit confused because my understanding was that once you go to ImageReady to go to save it as html that it would just make it as a big huge image and you would have to do some slicing to link specific parts of the whole image...But how the heck is the text in HTML format though I mean whenever I try to do it...it gets saved as part of the image..but in these templates and some other templates I've seen the text is inside the template and when you view it using a browser the text is actually highlightable..

I've tried to be as descriptive as possibe lol...Hope you guys don't get confused..

Member #
    When you design your layout in Photoshop or Imageready, you design an area for your content, but you don't enter your actual content. These programs are for layout, not for coding. Leave a box or space blank, and you enter your content in a text-based HTML editor such as Dreamweaver, GoLive, Frontpage, or even Notepad if you dont have any of those.

The only time you should have text in an image is if you're making a banner with a non-web font.

Remove Ads