Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all,

I have lots of images stored for a site I'm working on but my organization method is not ideal. I would love to do something like Fireworks/Dreamweaver integration, where I can just hit "edit original" and it pulls up the Fireworks PNG. But of course, I created this site with Photoshop using lots of layer styles and gradient fill layers, so it does not convert over to Fireworks well at all. It doesn't do much good for me to flatten it first because then all I can do is optimize it or slice it differently.

So since PSD -> Fireworks PNG conversion and Dreamweaver "Edit Original" functionality is not an option... what's the next best thing? How do you organize things so it takes minimal hard drive space and is easy to find and quickly change an image? Does anyone out there use GoLive CS to edit originals in one click? How does that compare to Dreamweaver, considering I'm using lots of PHP/MySQL?

It's just getting annoying to pull up an entire Photoshop designed page for one little graphic to change. One thing I've been doing to circumvent this is using Dreamweaver flash text whenever possible so I don't have to output new text images when changing text. I know there's some graphics I could carry over to fireworks, but if it's not all of them, I don't want to scour my version cue for a solution that only works on half (or less) of my files. Any other ideas on the subject?
    "That's what you get for messing around with the Yakuzas!"

Remove Ads