Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Okay heres the deal, i would like to create a nice picture for in my Signature in another forum.
    Thing is, im a complete newb in photodesigning, but got time on my hands to learn how to use programs.
    Now my question is, which picture designing program is best to use which aint extremely hard to use?
    Would it just be photoshop or are there any other/better programs out there?

Thanks for reading

Member #
    ...PaintShop Pro, PhotoImpact, Adobe Elements, (no not FireWorks) - There're alot to choose from... Corel, Serif and Xara also make similar lines of software. Just type in the previous names in Google an' download a free trial.

Adobe Photoshop will give you the best control, but is also probably the hardest to pick up and learn. Depends how far you wish to go; if all you want to do is place text on a photo then nearly anything will do the trick.

Member #
    I agree with the above post (except that Fireworks can be a great starting program for a newbie! (It's selection and bounding box format is awsome for moving stuff around plus it works better than photoshop with vector based images) :laugh: )

If you ever plan to go anywhere with graphic design then spend the time learning Adobe Photoshop, it's the industry standard and nearly every design house i've ever worked in used it extensivley. Although it has unprecidented support for rasterized graphics, I still find it's vector capabilities somewhat subdued.

If vector is your thing then go with Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, or Macromedia Freehand.
    Visit me at www.frogontop.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Trico
    ...PaintShop Pro, PhotoImpact, Adobe Elements, (no not FireWorks) - There're alot to choose from... Corel, Serif and Xara also make similar lines of software. Just type in the previous names in Google an' download a free trial.

Adobe Photoshop will give you the best control, but is also probably the hardest to pick up and learn. Depends how far you wish to go; if all you want to do is place text on a photo then nearly anything will do the trick.
    Thanks for your reply..
    Thing i'd like to do is just create a nice background with effects i.e Glowing or such , and then a nice looking text with it.

Member #
    Sounds like you want Photoshop.

Member #
    I would recommend learning Fireworks first. Some people hate it - other love it. I'm in between. I learnt and it got me into web design well, but Photoshop is more advanced and has more capapbilities.

This is my opinion only, but I think you may want to learn Fireworks to get the basics of graphic design, then move onto Photoshop
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Thank you very much

Member #
    If you have photoshop, you can find tons of effects that you could use for a signature image here: www.good-tutorials.com

Remove Ads