Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Quick question I'm redoing a hotel's website and they need for me to take a picture of every room. How much should I charge for that? Is it a per picture rate or hourly rate and -whichever - do you have any suggestions?
    (Some of the digital pics wil go on the website but ALL will be printed out in color for a small press book they want ...)
    Thanks for your help,
    F
    www.webolero.com
    Original Web Design

Member #
    About 4 years ago the company I was working for was working with a digital photographer who charged $50 per image for product shots. Hourly rates for photo stuff is generally for while photographs are being taken (e.g. weddings or photo shoots for magazines).

Do they want multiple shots of each room? Are they supplying the lighting or do you have to? If you have to rent studio lighting, then you may want to fact that into the price so you're not paying that out of pocket. The right lighting situation will minimize how much you have to edit it later. Also, who is doing the printing then of the images? For print you will need high res images and a damn good printer so they'll come out crisp.
    http://www.pearlsgirl.com

Member #
    I would charge an hourly rate of about $75-100 ph depending on how good you are at photography plus costs for printing and lighting. This way the price you charge doesn't look extortionate as you aren't mixing your fee, with their expenses.

Remove Ads