Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This is strange. When I make images in photoshop (using the rectange, circle e.t.c) all my edges are like, majorly jerky. It looks really stupid. I have anti-aliased checked at the top....Anything else?

Also, when I use the line tool, or it looks like a line tool on mine, it draws an arrow instead of a straight line - why? I'm using PS7 - soon to be CS. I'm pretty new to this photoshop lark so go easy if these are really dumb questions!!

Thanks in advance, will7.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    For the first problem make sure you're zoomed in at the actual working size... you can see the available options from the 'View' drop-down tab at the top of Photoshop.

Ctrl+0 will 'fit to screen'
    Ctrl+Alt+0 Will do 'actual pixels'

I'm only guessing this is the problem you're having, but I could be wrong. Let me know...

For the second problem you basicly need to uncheck a box within the vector shape properties sub-drop down menu. You can see the attached screen shot to see what/where I mean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I don't know what could be the cause of your problem. I had a problem one time when I created a small circle and then contracted it by 1 pixel, the circle looked like a rectangle then, but that's the only problem I've had that has been near the likeness of yours.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Trico: That sorted out the line, but due to my second problem, the line is just a mess and really jagged. Does anyone know how I can solve this?

EDIT: Never mind. I sorted it. I had the mode set to dissolve. When I set it to normal it worked fine . Told you I'm knew to photoshop !
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Remove Ads