Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: I can't wait!

Member #
    This is the last week for me to use Microsoft Photodraw! I am getting Macromedia Flash MX, Macromedia Fireworks MX, Dreamweaver MX, and FreeHand MX! Are these good programs for the price?
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Sorry but I couldn't find any threads that seemed to be related to yours. I'm sure a human will reply soon to help out.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Photoshop is accepted as the industry but it's around $600. Cheaper for upgrades and academic users.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    I don't have enough money for it lol. All this costed $800 but my dad said it was for students and he would let them use it for education so we got it for $400 lol.
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Member #
    I don't really like Dreamweaver (to me, it complicates everything, plus it's a sheer waste of money. Writing raw HTML [which is easy to learn] is a more economical way to create websites because why spend a million dollars on some editor when you can code websites by hand and not spend a cent?)

But Flash, Freehand and Fireworks sound like awesome programs and i am dying to get my hands on them. Especially Freehand. I'm SO into vector art these days. $400 is an awesome price for all four of those programs, though. Gotta love education pricing :cheeky:

At my school, Photoshop costs $299 and Flash is $99. But of course that's way too much for a broke college student like me to afford. I'm just waiting to acquire these gems when I finally get to take some design classes next fall.
    The hardest thing about the world is to live in it. (Buffy).

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I agree that you shouldn't use DW when learning HTML and starting out but eventually you start to design such complex layouts that you could never get it done by hand.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    I have frontpage right now too. I usually make a simple layout with HTML just to work on those skills, then get on frontpage to correct errors and make it look better. I would be getting Photoshop 7 but going by some pole on a site, MX is better so thats why I am getting it.

JR
    Member #
    i have everything, i hate frontpage
    JR

Member #
    Actually, I do the opposite of SupraPorsche. Since almost all designs these days revolve around tables, I think it's best to do the initial layout in FrontPage (I like to see it instantly as I build it), then bring my template into Arachnophilia (my fave HTML editor) and add JavaScripts, CSS, and take care of the suff FrontPage messed up, then save that template as several files to use as SSIs.

Remove Ads