Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: A simple banner

Member #
    I am working on a new project for somebody and I just finished the first banner. The site will be about webdesing and I'm curious if u have any idea what can add more or delete in the banner?

Member #
    ah here s the image
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    In terms of branding the 'Professional web design' has more prominence than the actual site name. Decide which is the most important between the two and balance how they visually contrast accordingly.

The images are nice, but it's hard to work out the connection that is specific to Web Design... without the accompanying text you may be led to thinking down the path of Photography, Digital Imaging, they're only a small part of w/d. The message appears vague.

It would be better to see the header in context with the rest of the site as it would eventually need to seamlessly fit with the general page design.

The two different fonts don't particularly look very nice together, as the styles clash. Try and avoid display fonts at small sizes, because they're meant to be displayed to a degree, quiet large... and when they're scaled down they lose definition and become a blurry mess.

If the novelty cheesy crap was removed from the font (i.e., the faded sides, inner figure inside noughts) ...it would look cleaner, be more legible and produce more of an impact.

• There's a big gap between the P & R that would need to be shrunken down.
    • You might want to align the two grey wire boxes, giving them both the same vertical alignment.

Anyway, I hope you manage to find this useful.

Member #
    well for starters u could get rid of that Play Boy Bunny cuz that dont look good imo (very unporffesional, works for playboy but not webdesign)

that eyeball looks like u got it from some other logo or somthing (i dont rembmer where i saw it b4) and it looks quite out of place, u should stick with the KIS rule - Keep it Simple

Member #
    KISS - Keep it simple stupid.

Trico managed to bring out pretty much that I wanted to say!

I would recommend that you try to shell out the 5/$10 or less that it costs to buy a domain and then a tiny bit more for hosting, because with a .tk domain you are unlikely to get any professional clients.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I agree with Justlivyalife! Too much... Just too much stuff, can't tell what you are pushing(women, flowers, playboy bunny?????)

Member #
    [QUOTE=justlivyalife]KISS - Keep it simple stupid.
    [QUOTE]

I know thats what my teacher taught me but I never really understood the stupid part so i took it outa there lol

Remove Ads