Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok.. I'm designing a website and I need to utilize PNG transparency. I am using Dreamweaver MX 2004. When I put the images into different layers in my document, they show up fine, but when I preview them in IE, the transparent background part is shaded blue. What am I doing wrong? Please help, I need to get this website done ASAP and this is pretty much the final hurtle I must jump over before having the website complete.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You're not doing anything wrong.. IE 'in all its wonder' does not like to play nice with all the kids on the playground.. It by far has the worst png support of all of the current browsers.

The good news is there is a way around it using css and javascript. Do a quick google search to find many sites detailing their versions. [searchweb]png transparency ie[/searchweb]

You can help in the 'cause' by voicing your opion at petitiononline.com.
    Proper PNG Support in Internet Explorer for Windows

Member #
    Google tis your friend, actually i was just googling something similiar...dont give up

Remove Ads