Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've designed a logo for a client of mine and they would like the colour to be silver. I know that on the web you can't have silver so how will I go about doing it so it comes up as silver when printed?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    What do you mean by silver? Any silver that a normal injet or laser printer can print can be displayed on the screen. If you are refering to a 'shiny' silver that involved special inks and maybe special printer.

Member #
    Silver as a colour doesn't actualy exist, it's simply grey with shadows and highlights applied, but it also depends how reflective the material is. For example Chrome would produces a more intense 'silver' effect than a matte plastic finish.

You would have to ask your local print company/(ies) if they support metalic effects. A base metalic ink is laid down and is then overlayed with normal inks. (There're probably alot more techniques though) You could also look into foil embossing as a possible option.

Member #
    I'm bringing this topic back but I always thought that silver didn't exist on the computer, only if you printed it. What would you consider as silver?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Its more of a descriptive word used to envoke some sort of emotion or response than an actual color.

For instance If I said the woman had grey hair you might think of an old worn out lady. But if i said she had silver hair it sorta helps enhance your mental perception..

I might consider any light medium grey(maybe with a SLIGHT hint of blue) to be silver. But the actual shade is very much up for controversy.

Member #
    Your right

Anyway thanks for your help!

Member #
    Well if you want a metallic silver you'd have to go to a print shop and get it done in a special ink...

Remove Ads