Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm not sure if I worded that question well enough but here's what I'm talking about. My site is www.pharrari.net. Now when you roll over one of the buttons and click it, I want html to be displayed within the grey middle area. I used photoshop cs and image ready for my site. I just need to get the content part of my site up. So, really my question is once I click on one of the side links, how do I get it to display in the middle grey area?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You are in need of an iframe, or if you feel so inclined to do the leg work, some type of scripting language.

Member #
    where do I go about this Iframe?

Member #
    first of all...you should start getting into the habbit of designing sites in 800x600...well really less than that to allow for scroll bars, tool bars etc...

try 775x560...because when viewed in 800x600 resolution its far too big and requires horizontal scrolling.

It also takes too long to load and the rollover image swap delay is too big imho...i would suggest reading up on how to optimise your slices in image ready, it would really help in the loading time area.

Also, when you slice, slice the parts that are all the same as your background colour is going to be...then in dreamweaver delete those parts...so just the background colour is showing thru...u can then add content much more easily because your attempting to add content on top of an image if i'm not mistaken.

just google for slicing and image optimising tutorials...gl :>

Member #
    I have already optimized the graphics in image ready. I'm just tryin to find a way to load my content in the middle of the webpage. Btw what kind of connection do u have because my friends with broadband load it fine.

Member #
    also people need to start loading pages @ 1024 X 768

Member #
    if thats ur attitude your not gonna get far in web design.

1. i do load pages in 1024 i tested it in 800 just to see how it looked...obviously pages look better in 1024, but believe it or not, a large number of people still use 800 for whatever reason. By all means carry on designing in 1024 but don't be surprised if people viewing in 800x600 just click the X in disgust when they see they have to scroll horizontal.

2. I have a 512 adsl connection which "should be" fast enuf to load a rollover quicker than your site did. Also, i took one of the images off the menu, and what do u know, with a few changes i got it down from over 3kb to 1.6kb. Halving the image size with no change in the image quality. I suggest you read up on it

Remove Ads