Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Fireworks help?

Member #
    First of all GREAT SITE!

Wish I had discovered much sooner. :cross-eyed: COuld have helped me out of many a jam before...

I am sorry if this is the incorrect forum to post this issue in, but I am having some trouble with a nav bar I created in fireworks 2004. I also implemented the nav bar through Dreamweaver 2004.

It appears fine in browsers on windows machines, but doesn't appear or function correctly on a mac using IE. The pull down images appear about an inch below where they are supposed to and appear behind the iframe on the main page. They also don't seem to hold up when you mouse over them. Safari it works fine, but I am hoping to cover all my bases here.

I am sure many will want to critique the site as it is not very good work IMO. I could have done better, but I am doing this for free for a teacher of mine and he has been in contact with several new galleries, whereas some galleries have already been turned away because of his current site set up. So I am getting a bit used here and time is of the essence.

http://www.tomogburn.net

Any help would be huge. I would sincerely appreciate it.

Member #
    You're going to have to trick it into workig .. use css layers for the iframe so you can give it a certain depth (be sure to check w3schools.com for cross-browser specs) and you should be alright.
    Aaron Elliott
    www.forwardtrends.com

Member #
    Hello. I am back again here.

This site was put off for some time, thank God! But I am now forced to deal with this problem.

When I manipulate layers in CSS, it causes the same issues on PC Mozilla and IE, that I am experiences in Mac IE 5.2. The problem is with the Javascript menu. It will appear, disjointed, when moused over, but dissapears completely once you try to mouse down or click on a menu item.

My client is killing me. Mac IE 5.2 is the only browser I am experiencing problems in. I suggested a disclaimer at the footer, because I full believe I am sh*t out of luck. However, my cleint deals primarily with adt galleries and is under the assumption that every gallery will have a Mac and will be using Mac IE 5.2

I am dying here. Any help would be really appreciated!!!!!

Member #
    Here is the updated location-

http://www.tomogburn.net

I apologize for the title being innacurate.

I designed the menu in fireworks and am manipulating it in Dreamweaver. Thus the title fireworks help?

Remove Ads