Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    This may be a simple question, But

how do i get an existing intro that is slow to load not to play inless the surfer clicks a play intro button
    Thanks

Member #
    One way would be to seperate your movie into two scenes. Have the main movie the first scene, and the intro the second scene. Then, have a "Play Intro" button which jumps to Scene2.

Or you could make your intro a seperate movie, then on a button click, load the movie into yours (making sure to have an unload button as well.) This way I would put my movie clip that I'm loading into in the middle of the stage, making sure that the seperate movie is bordered. This would make it look like a popup I would think.

The first would be easier, but the second would let the viewer see the main movie under the intro. Either way........

Member #
    No one?

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah
    This may be a simple question, But

how do i get an existing intro that is slow to load not to play inless the surfer clicks a play intro button
    Thanks

Member #
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Or am I just no one?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey,
    You don't really need to make two scenes though... I mean, that is one way (not saying that minger's suggestion isn't valid) but another way, and it may be easier for you, is to have the button that says "play intro" on the first frame of your flash movie. Also, have a stop action on that frame, so that the movie doesn't play (it just stops on the first frame, which is where the button is). Then, put a label a few frames later, you can label it, say "movie". (Do this in the properties panel) You can start the intro here. Then, back on Frame 1, click on your button, and put this action on the button:
    on(release){
    gotoAndPlay("movie");
    }

Also, I have heard that putting scenes in a Flash movie increases the file size a lot, but I never use scenes, so I don't know how much of that is true.

Heather
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Thanks you very much, very helpfull heather.

Member #
    Ok, here is what i have.

a long intro that near the end has a small break and then plays
    another small movie that plays on all other pages other than the homepage,

i would like the movie to start at the small movie and have a play intro button that would go back from the begining and play the long movie.

so i guess the question is:
    how do i get my movie to start at a point near the end
    and how do i accually make a play intro button and put it on the last frame to play from the begining and play the entire movie back to the play intro button.

Thanks for the help

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey,

Don't worry, it's very easy!
    First, have a blank frame in the beginning of your movie.
    Then, put your intro AFTER that frame. Put a label on the frame where your intro starts. You can name it "intro". Also, put a label on the frame that you want the movie to start at (the small movie). You can name it, "movie". Then, go back to frame 1 of the entire flash movie (the blank frame). Put an action on that frame:
    gotoAndPlay("movie");
    It will skip all of the frames up to the small movie (therefore skipping the intro).

Then, on the last frame of your entire flash file, put a button that says 'play intro', and on that button, put the action:
    on(release){
    gotoAndPlay("intro");
    }

Then, the movie will go back and play the intro, if someone clicks on the button.

Let me know if you need anymore help. If you can't get it to work, post your flash file and I'll look at it.

Heather

Member #
    As far as getting the movie to start near the end, you could have a gotoandPlay() but the problem with that is Flash will load the frames in order. So, if you jump to a frame after the intro, Flash will still load the intro first (I believe).

However, I'm still a little confused about what were trying to accomplish here. Maybe explain a little more and say exactly what you want to happen, and the options for the user.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hmmm, well do you have a preloader for your movie? You could add a preloader, and just not have the movie start until it is all loaded. Then you don't have to worry about which parts have loaded or not...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads