Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    So, I've got some photos I took in New Zealand and Fiji, and I accidentally got a roll of the film wet. Here are a couple samples:
    www.jackson-wallace.net/other/field.jpg
    www.jackson-wallace.net/other/sea.jpg

Any idea on a good, efficient way of photoshopping this kind of thing out? Some careful selection and color toning has gotten me close, but there are too many spots on too many pictures for me to go through every single one. Thanks.

Member #
    Dust & Scratches, Heaing Brush / Patch / Clone will be able to repair the water streaks and unwanted debris. From there you'll want to mess with the histogram/levels and maybe unsharp mask. If you set the black and white points under the curves/levels dialogue you should be able to remove some of the harsh colour tinges.

I don't think there is going to be one simple command that can help you out work effectively on each photograph as they're all unique.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by djchicago
    So, I've got some photos I took in New Zealand and Fiji, and I accidentally got a roll of the film wet. Here are a couple samples:
    www.jackson-wallace.net/other/field.jpg
    www.jackson-wallace.net/other/sea.jpg

Any idea on a good, efficient way of photoshopping this kind of thing out? Some careful selection and color toning has gotten me close, but there are too many spots on too many pictures for me to go through every single one. Thanks.
    If you have the negatives and access to a photo lab then you can just make re-prints... Take the negative and a piece of cloth (The kind you use to clean glasses. Take your finger and rub it against your nose. Then rub the negative in the area of the water spot. Take the cloth and buff it out. You just use the grease from your skin. It usually works, but can take some time and elbow grease. Be carefull not to scratch it or dent the negative. Good trick I learned in photo 1.

That might give you a better photo to work with.

Remove Ads