Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi guys, what's going on. I'm currently working on a project for a friend. I get bored at work a lot, so I said that I would make a website for him. He is a musician and is finally getting some gigs, and I thought it'd be cool if he had a place where people to go to get info and stuff.

Anyways, I wanted to make something visually appealing as well as imformative, so I went the Flash route. I pretty much have most of it done, and all functionality is working (i.e. a streaming media player, and external .swf loading) However, I am stumped on what to do for links (as in like rollOver effects and such) and a logo. You will see space for the logo in the upper left hand corner, and the links are the 4 block type things in the lower left. Just to note, much is still up in the air to change, and much of the text is just a placeholder.

So, without further ado:
    www.mime.eng.utoledo.edu/buddy/

Any other suggestions/comments are welcome as well. Thanks a lot.

edit: just wanna make sure you know the preloader is just there right now, its definately just there for a percentage. Don't really have an idea for that either

Member #
    Let him design the logo. 3rd button down should be 'contact' or 'booking,' and I don't think they need any rollovers, since you can tell they're buttons and you see a result when they're pressed. I have a problem with the audio player on the bottom. I say scrap the black border, change the buttons to give it a feel with the rest of the page, and use a smaller font so you don't have to scroll. Maybe change the preloader movieclip to something like that twisted tree growing with the percentage?

Overall, I'm not getting the feel that it's a musician's site. Make sure the logo reflects that. Not trying to trash your site, but just some tips.

Member #
    Yea, I just had the black border on the audio played so I knew how big the movie was. I will see what I can do editing the player so make it fit the rest of the page. Thanks for the feedback.

Remove Ads