Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Howdy,
    What do ya'll think of my new web layout design? Also, what would be a good way of adding the title of my page "FLWD Web Development" to my header? Thanks for all the great opinions and suggestions guys! Of course, its not near done..

--Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    You still looking for feedback?

The header doesn't work for me because it's too busy. It's a neat effect, but it's not very easy to look at. It will be especially hard to integrate any kind of text.

If you want to keep that image, I would suggest using black instead of white, to reduce the contrast but maintain the effect. And, for rendering text, you will definitely have to lower the opacity.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Sorry but

I disagree. I think it's a good banner, but a border is needed.
    For text on it, try putting a black drop shadow directly behind it (or outer glow)

You need to work on the main content area - it's a bit dull IMO.

Member #
    I don't think metallic screws look particularly fitting on what is otherwise a smooth plastic finish. If you were to contrast it to everyday objects you would probably find they'd be seamlessly moulded. Unless you're intentionaly trying to emulate an industrial/crafted feel avoid using screws/nails or other cheap fluff you may pick up from tutorials on interfaces.

As for text, I can invision some form of thick white type with a black shdow to allow it to remain legible. However it would only look good if you managed to balance a certain amount of white into the rest of the layout.

Remove Ads