Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey all, as with most newbie posts, I wanna apologise if this is a silly question, but I won't learn anything if i don't ask.

Now I have 2 images that I wish to use as a base image and a rollover image - the first is static needles to say but I would like to know to create a fading between the 2 images while maintaining them both as a link.

I am slowly getting to grips with CSS, and as a starter I think CSS is great, but I'm not sure if this effect can be achieved with CSS or will i need something else?

I am extremely new to this game, and just hope that somebody out there will help.

Thanks in advance all!

Ionize

Member #
    You got me.
    As far as I'm aware, rollover images in html, and in CSS, involve TWO static images, not just one. A fade is considered an animation, not static, which means your button would have to be made in Flash.

Wait... This is an idea, but not sure where to go with it... if you have an animated gif as your over state, with the first and last frames being identical to your up state, it could work as well. Maybe? I've never tried it.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Doing the buttons in Flash would be simple. For a better look, you would want to have a movie clip of your regular state fading out, with your over state fading in. Stops on each frame. Then for these type effects, I usually if (hitTest(....)) then nextFrame(); This way if you mouse over, then mouse out quickly, it doesn't play the whole animation, then fades back out.

If you would like an example file, let me know.

actually, it turns out I already have an example file for someone else. Attacked are the .swf and .fla

Remove Ads