Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone,

Here's doozy in my books, I know it's supposed to be simple, but I can't seem to get this to work. I've now wasted about 9hrs trying, so I'm asking for some help.

I'm trying to create a flash 'cookie' to remember what frame the nav is on so that when it's refreshed it's still left open to that frame. I went through the AS dictionary, and tried all their tuts and such, with no luck.

This is what i got from the AS dictionary:

The following example saves the last frame a user entered to a local shared object kookie:

// Get the kookie
    var my_so:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("kookie");

// Get the user of the kookie and go to the frame number saved for this user.
    if (my_so.data.user != undefined) {
    this.user = my_so.data.user;
    this.gotoAndStop(my_so.data.frame);
    }

The following code block is placed on each SWF file frame:

// On each frame, call the rememberme function to save the frame number.
    function rememberme() {
    my_so.data.frame=this._currentframe;
    my_so.data.user="John";
    }

BUT this isn't working!!!!! Why?? I don't get it. I'm very frustrated, and my deadline is getting close. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Where the help says "the following code block is placed on each SWF file frame", what does it really mean? On my main timeline I have 2 layers, (actions & nav). Actions layer has the first 2 sections of that script on frame 1, then in my moviclip(nav) layer I have an actions layer with the same thing on frame 1. On each of my stop frames (where the nav has finished opening to it's respective spots) I have the third section function rememberme() stuff... I think it's a nesting issue (i'm not remembering at the right level or something, but I really don't understand how to fix this. Other tuts and such where it remembers some text string work, so I'm sure I'm not refusing the cookie.

I've really expended all my resources here, so any assistance would be really really appreciated. I'll in & out most of the day today, so Quick replies are GOOD =)

Thanx in advance SO much!

Jayrok

Remove Ads